Checon – electrical contact materials, contact tips, contact assemblies
For close to sixty years, Checon has been a premier source of silver based electrical contact materials, contact tips, and contact assemblies for the switch, power transfer, circuit breaker, switchgear and motor controls markets. With two manufacturing locations in the US, and a joint venture in India, Checon offers world class manufacturing services to multiple-tier suppliers of industrial control, industrial switch, automotive, aerospace, and appliance power devices.
Checon Corporation provides customers with the following benefits:
- Headquartered in Massachusetts, Checon is dedicated to superior customer service, control of shipping costs, and offers just-in-time delivery to support both domestic and international requirements.
- State of the art, fully compliant facilities for melting, blending, sintering and casting of powder and wrought alloys.
- Highly trained workforce of 120+, led by a dynamic, experienced, management team focused on innovation and cost efficiencies.
- Risk mitigation through redundancies in; stamping presses, brazing furnaces, rolling mills, brushing and slitting machinery, supported by talented, on staff tool makers and machinists.
- World class technical and engineering team, utilizing 3D modeling, AutoCAD™ and SolidWorks / Inventor™ to support design projects.
- Innovative design engineering support for product development, tool design and project management from prototype through production.
- Sophisticated production control systems monitor historical demand and customer forecast to support tight on-time delivery, acute purchasing control and Kanban inventory.
- Electrical test lab to support customer comparative testing and product development.
- Onsite QC department and metallurgical lab, supporting production using real-time SPC systems – DataMetrics.
- Recipient of numerous industry awards from top tier OEM suppliers.
- Certified to the latest standard: ISO 9001:2015.